[Fixed][SVN4354][64Bit Linux] - Heretic Item usage between l

Bugs that have been fixed.

[Fixed][SVN4354][64Bit Linux] - Heretic Item usage between l

Postby zico » 24 Dec 2010 14:31

Hey guys,

One more minor thing:
I normally use SPACE key to advance ebtween levels. But I noticed this always seem to skip the Map screen you get before a new level. So I tried to use ENTER instead.
ENTER however is also mapped to USE ITEM in my Heretic config.

And as you probably can imagine:
The item I just had selected was USED directly when I started the level. I could not see the use animation, but hear the sound when the level began.

Also very strange but I have no idea if this is intended in th original game:
I left a level having 14 "Quartz Flasks". When I entered the new level (even without provoking the bug described above) I only had one. I know items like Wings of Wrath do not carry over to a new level, but is this normal? I cannot remember anymore.

Oh and one additional thing:
I once ended a level using "Wings of Wrath". I still had 10 more seconds to go with this item. In the new level then the HUD icon of this item was still there. It was not spinning, I could not use the item (fly around) but the icon was still there. Also just a minor thing, but I wanted to let you know. :)

Regards,
Christian
zico

Re: [SVN4354][64Bit Linux] - Heretic Item usage between leve

Postby Firebrand » 26 Dec 2010 16:01

zico wrote:One more minor thing:
I normally use SPACE key to advance ebtween levels. But I noticed this always seem to skip the Map screen you get before a new level. So I tried to use ENTER instead.
ENTER however is also mapped to USE ITEM in my Heretic config.

And as you probably can imagine:
The item I just had selected was USED directly when I started the level. I could not see the use animation, but hear the sound when the level began.

If you press spacebar, the game will skip directly to the next level, if you want to look at the map screen let the animation advance by itself (it worked like this in the original game).

zico wrote:Also very strange but I have no idea if this is intended in th original game:
I left a level having 14 "Quartz Flasks". When I entered the new level (even without provoking the bug described above) I only had one. I know items like Wings of Wrath do not carry over to a new level, but is this normal? I cannot remember anymore.

It worked like this in the original game, so no bug here.

zico wrote:Oh and one additional thing:
I once ended a level using "Wings of Wrath". I still had 10 more seconds to go with this item. In the new level then the HUD icon of this item was still there. It was not spinning, I could not use the item (fly around) but the icon was still there. Also just a minor thing, but I wanted to let you know. :)

Again, I'll try to reproduce and find the cause of this, thanks for reporting.
Firebrand

Re: [SVN4354][64Bit Linux] - Heretic Item usage between leve

Postby Firebrand » 27 Dec 2010 03:15

Fixed.
Firebrand

Return to Closed bugs