Beta 3 Report

Beta version release anouncements and bug reports

Beta 3 Report

Postby quattj » 20 Mar 2002 04:09

Well, I'll set this up like my others I guess.<br>The Good are things fixed from the last version (1.12 Beta 2)<br>The Bad are bugs still present from previous version(s)<br>The Ugly are new bugs, either introduced in Beta 3, or I just never noticed them before  ;D<br><br>********************************************<br>                                     THE GOOD<br>********************************************<br><br>
In Hexen, from the first board it tried to put us into "MAP 2" instead of "MAP02", thus the game died.  Does it properly handle the crazy board numbers for Hexen? <br><br>( Spawning server 2<br>  Host_Error: Map 2 not found )<br>
<br><br>Beta 3: Fixed<br>Much better  :)  Now it goes where it's a'sposed to...<br><br>
Heretic:<br>- Tome of power doesn't work<br>
<br><br>Beta 3: Fixed<br>Works again <br><br>
Hexen:<br>- Dark Servent multiplayer  "MOBJ ALREADY DESTROYED"<br>  single player<br>   (Actor.RoughBlockCheck) <- TProgs::ExecuteFunction <- (RunThink) <- P_Ticker <- ServerFrame <- Host_Frame<br>
<br>Beta 3: Fixed<br><br>Ahhh, my friend the maulotaur can play again  :)<br>
quattj

Re: Beta 3 Report

Postby quattj » 20 Mar 2002 04:21

*******************************************<br>                              THE BAD<br>*******************************************<br><br>Janis, let me know if you're sick of hearing about these  ;D<br><br>
- The music pitch goes up after playing the first measure or two, making some of it sound quite... well, harsh   (Particularly noticable in the first level of Doom) <br>
<br>Beta 3: still broke<br> <br>
- I think someone already mentioned the faded sound for the pistol and other weapons. <br>
<br>Beta 3: still broke<br>It seems better, but every once in a while, the sounds still go crazy<br><br>
Getting squished by the four sliding doors in the first level of Hexen sends the character into the floor with and kills the game    <br>(only horizontal squishing broken.  Vertical works fine)<br>
<br><br>Beta 3: still broke<br>- Even with no clipping turned on, if you get squished the game dies<br><br> <br>
Flickering caused by some limit crossing<br>
<br>Beta 3: still broke<br><br>
The portals themselves are messed up a bit.  The frame graphic inside of the portals is offset, and most of it is black.  The red animated portal graphic is there, just behind the black wall. <br>
Heretic: <br>  Possibly related to the portal graphics bug for Hexen, the blue exit teleport sparkles do not appear in the exits of some levels, such as E2M8 and E4M8. <br>
Doom 2: <br>  In the last level (MAP30) when you run out into the room with the end badguy wall, no matter what, he notices you in the original version of Doom 2.  This happens even if you have no clipping turned on.  In Vavoom, he only notices you if no clipping is turned off.  I believe there was some special lindef tag they used in the original for this. <br>
Hexen:<br>  When using the MAP console command, if a valid map name is not entered, any attempt to load a valid level afterwards will crash the game<br>
<br>Beta 3: still broke<br>Only in Hexen I believe<br><br>
Seems the ArchVile in Doom 2 creates unkillable baddies.  Anything it resurrects becomes indestructable, making him one real mean punk   <br>
Heretic:<br>- Glitter "bangs into" things<br>
Doom 2:<br>- Archvile can fling you into "bad" places<br>
- MOBJ ALREADY DESTROYED in map08 when demons burst from jars<br>
<br>Beta 3: still broke<br><br>Bottles that get pushed off of edges that have objects inside also give this<br><br>
Heretic and Hexen:<br>- Multiplayer kills... killing self brings to 255 instead of -1<br>
<br>Beta 3: still broke<br>
quattj

Postby quattj » 20 Mar 2002 04:31

*******************************************<br>                            AND THE UGLY                                   <br>*******************************************<br>Doom 2:<br>- Getting wedged into wall when fighting badguys in MAP01<br><br>Several times I got pushed partially in the wall while fiighting badguys in the hallway of the first level.  I had to either "noclip" or wait for them to knock me back out (if I didn't already kill 'em  ;))<br><br>Heretic:<br>- Scroll bars (volume, screen size, etc.) don't stop scrolling on the right hand side<br><br>Infinately loud volume  ;D  Well, OK, it's only the slider that's infinate.  The actual volume coming out of the speakers stop at it's maximum value...<br><br>- (.NewMobjThinker) <- TProgs::ExecuteFunction <- (None) <- VEntity::SetState <- TProgs::ExecuteFunction <- (RunThink) <- P_Ticker <- ServerFrame <- Host_Frame<br>ERROR: SV_SpawnMobj: Overflow<br><br>  when trying to play in E2M8, in the middle with the maultours and all their friends<br><br>Heretic and Hexen:<br>- Player name box in multiplayer setup is too short<br><br>Any long name with "fat" letters like Q or P or R has the potential for oozing out of the right side of the name box.<br><br>Hexen:<br>- TOpenGLDrawer::AllocBlock <- TOpenGLDrawer::CacheSurface <- TOpenGLDrawer::DrawPolygon <- Host_Frame<br>ERROR: overflow<br><br>  at the end of the second level (the first "hub")<br><br><br>(AAAAHAHAHAAAAAA!!!  I previewed this and the part above this is supposed to have a colon and a D... error messages with built smilies  ;D  Yes!)<br><br><br><br><br>As always, if'n you have a question about any of this, just let me know.  I have nothing better to do with my time (Well, OK, *not much else* better)  8)
quattj

Postby Janis Legzdinsh » 21 Mar 2002 04:04

Janis, let me know if you're sick of hearing about these
<br>About music and sound.  ;)<br><br>
The portals themselves are messed up a bit.
<br>This bug really confuses me, I'll try to fix if for next version.<br><br>
Seems the ArchVile in Doom 2 creates unkillable baddies.
<br>AFAIR originaly Doom 2 has such a bug, More exactly monsters that were gibbed are resurected as ghosts. OK, I will fix this.<br><br>
Glitter "bangs into" things
<br>Could you take a screenshot of this?<br>
MOBJ ALREADY DESTROYED
<br>Please, ignore this message.<br><br>
SV_SpawnMobj: Overflow
<br>More that 2048 things - ouch!<br><br>
Player name box in multiplayer setup is too short
<br>This id the original savegame slot graphic and unlike in Doom it's not composed from multiple parts with repeating middle plart.<br><br>Expect new beta soon.
Janis Legzdinsh
Site Admin

Postby quattj » 21 Mar 2002 05:55

Quote:Seems the ArchVile in Doom 2 creates unkillable baddies.  <br> <br><br>AFAIR originaly Doom 2 has such a bug, More exactly monsters that were gibbed are resurected as ghosts. OK, I will fix this. <br>
<br><br>Yah, there was/is... but it only happened with *some* of the badguys in the original.  You have it for *all* of them  ;)<br><br>
Quote:Glitter "bangs into" things  <br> <br><br>Could you take a screenshot of this? <br>
<br><br>Will do... it'll be tough though, bacuse most of the time the graphics aren't there for the other things what are being banged into :-/<br>What shall I do with this screenshot, O' Lord? ;D
quattj

Postby Janis Legzdinsh » 21 Mar 2002 20:59

I found where's the problem with Archvile and fixed that.<br><br><br>What to do with screenshot? Convert it to JPG format and send me by e-mail.
Janis Legzdinsh
Site Admin

Postby RambOrc » 22 Mar 2002 01:53

If you think it'd make sense I could set up a quick uploader script with which ppl can upload screenshots to a certain folder through a web browser, you could simply mail out the password to anyone who wants to put up something there (and of course you should change the password regularly, but that'd be just changing a line in the PHP file, couple of seconds). If you want to go with it, just tell me the name of the screenshot folder. :)
RambOrc
Site Admin

Postby Janis Legzdinsh » 22 Mar 2002 03:07

That would be cool. Let's say a folder named incoming. And is it possible to set it up without a password?
Janis Legzdinsh
Site Admin

Postby RambOrc » 22 Mar 2002 04:44

I've sent you a private message through the YaBB instant messenger, there are things on this topic that aren't for the public. :)
RambOrc
Site Admin

Postby Janis Legzdinsh » 23 Mar 2002 02:57

OK, I got those screenshots and will try to find why it does that.<br>
Janis Legzdinsh
Site Admin

Return to Beta testing