Full-3d trigger (contribution)

Suggest features for upcoming versions

Postby Crimson Wizard » 04 Aug 2006 07:12

And where I can get specification which describes this function? Perhaps there are even more of ACS commands that I do not know.
Crimson Wizard

Postby Mago KH » 04 Aug 2006 15:00

Crimson Wizard wrote:Oh, hello Mago, haven't met you since our talk about Slopes tutorial. :)

Mago KH wrote:What is their true purpouse, that couldn't be achieved before by the ordinary map maker out there?

Actually I thought I explained that already somewhere :?
Ah, here it is:
http://www.korax-heritage.com/forums/vi ... 3&start=15 (KH Team password needed)

The problem is that with all those 3dfloors you still cannot make 3d trigger. For example, you make complex maps with several levels one above another, then you will wonder how to make a trigger (which runs some action special) detect player only if he is standing on exact level. It is almost impossible to make this using common linedefs.
So, I invented this solution: created new object class that manages triggering. It uses not lines, but Map Spots to specify triggering area, thus making it possible to detect player crossing exact space literally in any point of map at any height.

By the way, Janis, what is your thought about overall implementation? Any problems, mistakes, bugs etc?

Hehe, sorry, we have never been properly introduced, but it's a pleasue seeing you working on the Korax project, I'm very happy you are around! (Even though I hardly post, I'm always trying to keep updated with the latest works on there).

Anyway, thanks for trying to enlighten me, but unfortunetly I still didnt get it... I guess this is all for making it possible to assign functions (triggers) to 3d sectors as true 3d objects, thus not relying solely on the limitations of linedefs, but surely I got a lot of things wrong... But dont mind me, I wont take more of your time and keep you from doing your work! ;) When I actually restart work on maps (right now sprites is all I eat), be sure I'll come back and ask some more! :D
Mago KH

Postby Crimson Wizard » 04 Aug 2006 15:56

It seems to me that you understood general idea right. :)
Crimson Wizard

Postby Janis Legzdinsh » 04 Aug 2006 17:26

Crimson Wizard wrote:And where I can get specification which describes this function? Perhaps there are even more of ACS commands that I do not know.

ZDoom's wiki describes them all. Note that not all of the new ones are supported by Vavoom.
Janis Legzdinsh
Site Admin

Postby Crimson Wizard » 29 Oct 2007 14:10

New type of spambot? :lol:
Crimson Wizard

Previous

Return to Feature suggestions