crouch states

Suggest features for upcoming versions

crouch states

Postby Alex-bomber_Man » 24 Jun 2008 14:38

Janis, i have found one more thing that vavoom needs (omg, again :D )

It is crouch states. but i don't like the way it done in zdoom, so i'll tell you how i would like it to work:
you have to add a copy of each normal player state below and lets this new states be named "cspawn", "csee" and so on. they will be called instead of normal states when player is crouching, and if some of that states are undefined - engine to take normal states but scale the sprite/model vertically.
what can you say about that?
Alex-bomber_Man

Re: crouch states

Postby Crimson Wizard » 25 Jun 2008 10:18

I wish to add here one thought, well, maybe its my eternal race for universalization, - if these extra states are given to crouch action, why not to give same to jump action; then someone would like states for climbing the walls etc. I was just thinking, can there be some other way, like adding mechanism to customize "meta-states" (straight walking, jumping, crouching, whatever), which would include setting prefix to state name (like crouch = 'c' as mentioned by Alex above).
Raw idea once again, anyway...
Crimson Wizard

Postby Firebrand » 04 Jul 2008 13:22

It would be cool to add jumping, swimming, etc. sprites too :), it would make MODs more complete IMO.
Firebrand

Postby Alex-bomber_Man » 20 Jan 2009 20:44

Yes, that would be very usefull, but without crouching i cant build my project on vavoom - it needs a port with crouchung support. Please implement that anyway! :)
Alex-bomber_Man

Return to Feature suggestions