Vavoom Launcher Plus [ver. 0.9.2 BETA] [DLoad on P.1]

News of various Vavoom projects.

Vavoom Launcher Plus [ver. 0.9.2 BETA] [DLoad on P.1]

Postby Karnizero » 04 Feb 2009 11:36

Vavoom Launcher Plus [ver. 0.9.2 BETA]

Last edited by Karnizero on 12 Feb 2009 14:06, edited 3 times in total.
Karnizero

Re: Vavoom Launcher Plus [ver. 0.91 BETA]

Postby Firebrand » 04 Feb 2009 22:42

I've got two suggestions here, how about adding descriptions to all those CVARs listed there? also, how about adding support for the Vavoom master server options? :)

It looks very good IMHO.
Firebrand

Re: Vavoom Launcher Plus [ver. 0.91 BETA]

Postby Karnizero » 04 Feb 2009 23:33

Firebrand wrote:I've got two suggestions here, how about adding descriptions to all those CVARs listed there?

If you mean to write "Blend Sprite Borders" instead of "gl_blend_sprites", yes, i though about that, but i have two problems:
1.- I dont know what all CVARs do exactly, for example, "d3d/gl_clear", "d3d_device", "gl_ext_point_parameters", etc...
2.- When you press "Run" button, the program adds to the command line, the CVARs as they are written, plus "1" (f.ex. +r_darken 1), and the unselected CVARs with "0". If i set a description, i have to make a way to search that definition in a kind of structure (like a matrix or something), where the description and the real CVARs name are, and then replace that description for the real CVAR name. And that could be lot more work :P
I will think about that 8)

And also, setting the CVARs by the original name, looks more professional (as seen at the Unreal Configuration Tool)

Firebrand wrote:also, how about adding support for the Vavoom master server options? :)

It looks very good IMHO.

You mean a "Master Server browser"? Or you mean the posssibility to start your own Internet Server, and announce on the M.Server?

The second one would be a trivial job. I will do for next version. A couple of lines of code would be enough.

For the first one, i think that would be a bit more hard, cause i have not much idea on how to fetch data from master server, or how/where the master server data is stored.
Karnizero

Re: Vavoom Launcher Plus [ver. 0.91 BETA] [DLoad on P.1]

Postby Firebrand » 05 Feb 2009 15:30

I meant for hosting your own master server ;), since Vavoom already has a way to browse games inside the game, I don't think it's TOO needed for the launcher :).
Firebrand

Re: Vavoom Launcher Plus [ver. 0.91 BETA] [DLoad on P.1]

Postby Karnizero » 06 Feb 2009 10:56

Firebrand wrote:I meant for hosting your own master server ;), since Vavoom already has a way to browse games inside the game, I don't think it's TOO needed for the launcher :).

I think you wanna mean "Start your own Internet/Lan server", instead "Your own Masterserver".

I have added that to the ToDo list, same as autoconnect the selected server.

I have also included a Bugs and ToDo list on the 1st post.
Karnizero

Re: Vavoom Launcher Plus [ver. 0.9.2 BETA] [DLoad on P.1]

Postby Karnizero » 12 Feb 2009 14:08

Sorry for double post, but version 0.9.2 has been released.

It fixes some bugs and adds a new feature. It could be named as "version 1.0", but im trying to implement a couple more features for that version.
Check the first post for details.

Enjoy!
Karnizero

Return to Project news