VDRP

News of various Vavoom projects.

Re: VDRP

Postby guydudeperson » 08 Jan 2009 22:47

I dig the new(er) torch effect. The Baron ball is nice too :mrgreen:
Is it close to release?

EDIT: There is also a couple issues now that models are interpolated. When you shoot the shotgun the shell that's ejected goes back into the shotgun, and could you make the chaingun spin faster. I mean you made teh models right :?
guydudeperson

Postby Alex-bomber_Man » 09 Jan 2009 19:23

i think ill release it just after adding a new model of hud shotgun. yes yes, i'near finishing it! and the shells will be ejected as objects now!

yes, current weapons are my work, but it was more then year (or two maybe) ago. so i will rebuild em all :)
Alex-bomber_Man

Postby Karnizero » 13 Jan 2009 13:23

You mean you are doing models to the HUD elements? That sounds nice too.

In the other hand, when you finish and release the project, you can put it in this thread, so we all have all Vavoom resources together, for an easy acess:

http://vavoom-engine.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1255
Karnizero

Postby Alex-bomber_Man » 13 Feb 2009 20:27

Alex-bomber_Man

Postby Firebrand » 15 Feb 2009 16:34

Nice work on the shotgun model! :slayer:

I also like the new torches, they look cool! I've got some small suggestions thought, why is it that the puffs of guns only have smoke? It would be better that the original puff effect (with quake styles particles) would show up and also the smoke :), same goes for the barrel explosion, it would look better IMO. Also, why not combining both the models for the imp and baron fireballs with the effect you implemented?

It's looking good so far, keep up the good work Alex :).
Firebrand

Postby Alex-bomber_Man » 16 Feb 2009 07:53

ill think about imp and baron effects.. and as for puffs - i dont like untextured particles.. they are too primitive. but ill make puffs with yellow sparks for pistol and chaingun :) and for sg and ssg it looks better when only smoke is spawned.
BTW, have you got any ideas for blood puffs? have i to make em original-like or something more realistic?
Alex-bomber_Man

Postby Karnizero » 16 Feb 2009 10:54

Alex-bomber_Man wrote:ill think about imp and baron effects.. and as for puffs - i dont like untextured particles.. they are too primitive. but ill make puffs with yellow sparks for pistol and chaingun :) and for sg and ssg it looks better when only smoke is spawned.
BTW, have you got any ideas for blood puffs? have i to make em original-like or something more realistic?

Nice work. :D

I have some ideas. You can try effects for the monsters themselves, not only for the fireballs. For example, you can make a more realistic Lost Soul fire hair and trail. You can also try to enhance the Baron of Hell by adding him a kind of "hellish" aura, something like a clear red and quite transparent fire surrounding his body.
A Revenant with eyes always glowing, and even in the dark, so if we set a revenant in a dark room, we still see his eyes.

You can also try to implement a more realistic fire effect for the Archvile attack, and you can give the archive a cool effect, by adding some small flames to the shoulders and a kind of eyes looking like flames.
Karnizero

Postby Alex-bomber_Man » 17 Feb 2009 19:40

Alex-bomber_Man wrote:more realistic Lost Soul fire hair and trail

I;m olanning that

Alex-bomber_Man wrote:You can also try to enhance the Baron of Hell by adding him a kind of "hellish" aura, something like a clear red and quite transparent fire surrounding his body.

wont do at all - i only make doom sprite replacements, not more ;)

Alex-bomber_Man wrote:A Revenant with eyes always glowing, and even in the dark, so if we set a revenant in a dark room, we still see his eyes

nice idea and not only for revenant, but i need a skin brightmap technology for that, not supported in vavoom yet. the other way is to make the eyes somethink like modelpart with fullbright flag if its allready supported.

Alex-bomber_Man wrote:You can also try to implement a more realistic fire effect for the Archvile attack

that is planed, and the other sprite replacing effects too, but i have nt a lot of time for that. now im working on chaingun models, item and HUD :)
Alex-bomber_Man

Postby Firebrand » 18 Feb 2009 19:16

Alex-bomber_Man wrote:ill think about imp and baron effects.. and as for puffs - i dont like untextured particles.. they are too primitive. but ill make puffs with yellow sparks for pistol and chaingun :)

Sounds good! :)
Alex-bomber_Man wrote:and for sg and ssg it looks better when only smoke is spawned.

hmmm, I don't agree with this ;), but I guess it's you work too, after all it was just a suggestion :).
Alex-bomber_Man wrote:BTW, have you got any ideas for blood puffs? have i to make em original-like or something more realistic?

It would be better to do something like the original ones, since that would make things look more like Doom in the first place :).

EDIT:
Alex-bomber_Man wrote:the other way is to make the eyes somethink like modelpart with fullbright flag if its allready supported.

It's already supported in the latest SVN version :).
Firebrand

Postby Alex-bomber_Man » 18 Feb 2009 23:13

Firebrand wrote:It's already supported in the latest SVN version

Thats nice, so ill umplement it after next release.
And here you are some new screens:

The blood effect.. i decided to make it original-style, but to change blood gravity a little 0=)

The chaingun item model. Wait for HUD one and a new release =)
Alex-bomber_Man

Postby Alex-bomber_Man » 20 Feb 2009 18:10

Here are screens from the hud model. but i plan to add a few new effects before next release =)
Alex-bomber_Man

Postby Firebrand » 22 Feb 2009 01:28

They look cool! But the weapon is too big IMO, or it's offset is too big on the forward of the player's camera, the same thing applies for the shotgun.
Firebrand

Postby Alex-bomber_Man » 22 Feb 2009 09:30

Its impossible to change that without loosing realistic proportions of weapons. The sprites ARE NOT realistic, so models are a bit different from them =)
Alex-bomber_Man

Postby guydudeperson » 23 Mar 2009 11:07

You could offset the weapon like in Quake 2 if your looking for a realistic look...
guydudeperson

Postby Alex-bomber_Man » 23 Mar 2009 18:17

no, i dont want that. i just want to bring more detailed graphics to doom.
Alex-bomber_Man

PreviousNext

Return to Project news