Quaked Dimension

News of various Vavoom projects.

Re: Quaked Dimension

Postby Alex-bomber_Man » 27 Jan 2009 13:30

Here you are a few new screenshots from qddm04: slime cathedral

and here are linx to files, as promised:

http://depositfiles.com/files/7hjerau3v - main resource pack

http://depositfiles.com/files/90gd0537s - hires texture pack, very recomended (only 5 vb - thats not much ;) )

http://depositfiles.com/files/bkckeiea4 - quicklaunch bats and a short networking guide

To play all that you will need a GZDoom 1.1.06 that can be found on drdteam.org, vavoom version will appear a little bit later.
Happy Fragging!
Alex-bomber_Man

Postby Karnizero » 30 Jan 2009 21:38

Alex-bomber_Man wrote:Here you are a few new screenshots from qddm04: slime cathedral

[...]

Slime Cathedral?? I saw the screenies, but i couldnt figure out why you name "Slime Cathedral" :lol:

Nah, nice map.
Im downloading, and wil test it... on Vavoom 1.29. Do you think it will work decently?

I will test and check you feedback, and maybe record a video for you, and upload at youtube.

[EDIT]

Ok, i tested on:

1.- Vavoom 1.29: barely playable. Models are not shown. The weapons does not hit where the crosshair is pointing to. The weapon 8 does not works (actually it is unselectable)

2.- GzDoom: Looks nice. The models are cute... Very good job man :-)

But i have some "issues" i didnt like much, or i would change:

a) The Blaster (weapon 1): it is nice for me, but i dunno what secondary attack is for, on this weapon. I like the "load time" bar on the weapon (up the letters)
b) The Shotgun (weap. 3): i think it reloads too fast. I think it would be more balanced if it reloads a bit slower.
c) Machinegun (weap. 4): i think it makes too much damage per bullet. I can "gib" some zombies with a single bullet. At the actual fire-rate, i can kill a Cyberdemon (4000 Health Points) in little time. I think it also would need a bit more amount of bullets per round. It has only 25 (i think), and the fire rate is way fast for that little amount. Recducing the damage for each bullet, and the max amount of bullets each round would be nice, for example, 35 or 40.
d) Nailgun (weap. 5): another pretty model, with another pretty skin, and pretty sound. BUT i think if you want to make an high damage fast-firing-rate weapon, then you should reduce the amount of nails per round, or make the weapon to fire a bit slower.
e) Grenade Launcher (weap. 6): i think almost perfect. i found nothing changeable :-)
f) Rocket Launcher (weap. 7): nice weapon again. And nice skin too. I love it, really. BUT i dunno what secondary attack does exactly. I deduce, by the "Launcher HUD" that it shoots homing rockets, but im not sure (i only played agains normal monsters)
g) Plasma Rifle (weap. 8): pretty good one. BUT i would change the secondary and primary assignment. The actual assignment is primary fire for "hard pulses" (25 cells each shot) and secondary attack for "plasma balls" (1 cell each). I think the "plasma balls" will be more used as "hard pulses".

Other than those small issues, i think it will be a cool mod... when releases the Vavoom version 8)
Karnizero

Postby Alex-bomber_Man » 30 Jan 2009 23:53

well, from your words 3, 4 and 5 are too powerfull. but! you tested that on single. this mode is need especialy for multiplayer, all the weapons are balanced only for that. to play with bots on gzdoom you need to run it with one of included bat files, they are qddm01 practice and so on. them print in console addbot :) they are stupid but enough to test the mod. i wont change the weapon dynamics, sorry. wait for vavoom version)
Alex-bomber_Man

Postby Alex-bomber_Man » 28 Feb 2009 13:40

me against :) Here are some shots from map05: Outer Base

so the only one map left till starting lets say Vavoomization process :D
Alex-bomber_Man

Postby Alex-bomber_Man » 09 Mar 2009 22:04

while porting QDM to Vavoom, i've started the single player project with a similar idea and design. Trium, ill post here some screens from it:

The project will need some vavoom C programming help, for creating Soldier Of Fortune-style weapon system. if there are any ideas for that - ill be glad =)
Alex-bomber_Man

Postby Crimson Wizard » 09 Mar 2009 22:32

Alex-bomber_Man wrote:The project will need some vavoom C programming help, for creating Soldier Of Fortune-style weapon system. if there are any ideas for that - ill be glad =)

And what is this " Soldier Of Fortune-style weapon system"?
Crimson Wizard

Postby Alex-bomber_Man » 10 Mar 2009 08:49

Oh, ill tell you, just contact me via icq please :) 367483992
Alex-bomber_Man

Previous

Return to Project news